[Ex-plain] NEW: Overview Document

Matthew Dovey matthew.dovey at las.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 13:51:26 CET 2002

> >     ###	Are there any other standing issues with
> Explain Lite other
> > 	than those I listed?
>
> My incomplete list of moans about Explain Lite:
>
> *  No standard retreival/searching etc apart from an ugly
> init response

This is/was out of scope for Explain-Lite. Explain-Lite's motivation was
to standardise the format of the configuration file that Z39.50 clients
tend to us - discovery of this information was defered as a different
(later?) issue.

> *  XML demonstrates clear lack of knowledge about how to create a
>    DTD.  The b_ tags are superfluous.
> *  No Sort specs.

Possibly also version control? The DTD I've been working from at

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/distributed-systems/zdir/explainlite/explainlite.
dtd

Doesn't suffer from these two issues.

Matthew