[Ex-plain] XML Schema for 1.3

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 00:53:48 CET 2002

> The schema for 1.3 didn't validate. In particular
>  <element name='map'>
>     <element ref='explain:+'/>
>    </choice>
> Complains over that 'explain:+' bit

Yes :/  I blame the tools (dtd2xsd.pl by Mike Connoly et al.) as neither
Mike nor I know how to write XML schemas.

> I've attached a conversion of the DTD which XML Spy produces.

Can we appoint you official maker of XML schemas then? :)

Matthew, very broadly paraphrased:
> What's this multiple host thing then?

To allow for multiple representations of the same host. Eg:

<host primary="true">gondolin.hist.liv.ac.uk</host>
<host>138.253.81.47</host>
<host>www.linux.liv.ac.uk</host>
<host>ftp.o-r-g.org</host>

are all the same machine.