[Ex-plain] Latest DTD (was ZIG)

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 17:52:51 CET 2002

> > as ZNG doesn't use attributes (right?) to support
> > them means that we should make map optional?
> So yes, it does use attributes, and they're called "qualifiers".
> Which is what we specify with the <index> element's "id" or "name"
> attribute, right?  (Which of those alternatives won?)

I think they're distinct and we can leave them both in.

The id should be a unique identifier and not necessarily anything to do
with the protocol, name could be repeated and now does have something to
do with at least one protocol.

<index id="uniqueFooForRetrievalOrOtherSuchThings">
  <name>author</name>

Otherwise I think I'd prefer name as an attribute on index, to go along
with name on recordSyntax and elementSet.

> > Easy come, easy go... anyone else like/dislike <type> ?
> Profoundly dislike: I think it's a neat idea, but this is totally the
> wrong forum for its promulgation.

Gone.

> > > There seems to be a lot of movement to ISO format: 2002-03-08T13:15:32Z

> > Didn't know about this. Sure, international standards are (almost)
> > always the right thing, especially if it's used in XML Schema.
> I would like to see this too.  I am glad Alan got in before me with

Chalk it up then :)