[Ex-plain] Latest DTD (was ZIG)

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 19:10:42 CET 2002

> > Oook.  Thanks :)
> Pratchett reference there?

Yes, though indirectly. I guess a lot of us count as librarians at an
unseen university (the internet) though.

[Mike wants full names for attribute types]
> > > possible exception of "complet" which is mildly witty :-))

Also 'trunc' ;)

> > <functionalQualifier> 1 </functionalQualifier>   ?

> > I guess ... it's just  .... long.

> I see your point.  Maybe FQ says it better?  For me, "func" is short
> for "function".  Doesn't say anything about qualifiers.  At least FQ
> is obviously an acronym.  But let's discuss that (and more) on list?
> (Feel free to reply to this message on-list, quoting me where you
> wish.)

functional?

Another reason I abbreviated was that then the 'format' attribute is
multiply defined.   Can rename <format name=""> to <recSyntax name=""> ?

> > Look at all the several zillion repititions of the attributes. The
> > length of the XML almost dtd is many times that of the SGML DTD.
> Oh, you mean that
> 	<!ELEMENT (foo|bar|baz) - - (#PCDATA)>
> is OK in SGML but not in XML?

Yes :(

> > > Do you have an automatic SGML DTD-to XML DTD conveter?
> > > Or are we just going to use `sed 's/ - - / /'`?  :-)
> > I think sed will do the job :)
> The first 4GL!

4GL ?