[Ex-plain] Harvesting algorithm

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 17:33:48 CEST 2002

> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:38:42 +0100 (BST)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > > Bleh. I think originalSource is better than aggregatedFrom.
> >
> > I agree.  1.7 or 2.0?
>
> 2.0 along with all the other renames and heirarchy changes as
> opposed to unnoticable additions.
>
> BTW I think indexSet and the urn attributes are unnoticable as we'll
> always need to support <index>s under <indexInfo> directly for
> Z39.50, so can go in for 1.7.

Er.  You do mean an indexSet _attribute_, right?  Not a wrapping
element that goes between an outer <indexIndo> and some inner
<index>es, which I think is what Ralph wanted?

> By the time of the SRW meeting at the very latest we should have
> v2.0 specified. That makes a good deadline as opposed to arbitrary
> ones.

Hmm.  I'm somewhat discouraged by Ralph's sense that SRW doesn't want
ZeeRex anyway.  I mean, it would be good to hear from other SRW
people, but what I'm hearing from Ralph is that we shouldn't add
anything that we don't need for Z Classic.

... which means that the date of the SRW meeting is irrelevant?

)_v__/\  "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at
	 the price of chains and slavery?  Forbid it, Almighty God!
	 I know not what course others may take, but as for me,
	 give me liberty, or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry.