[Ex-plain] Other IR-Explain---1 databases? (Could not find in archives)

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 12:16:48 CEST 2002

> > and add it to my database. Anyone have host and port details for
> > servers up with ZeeRex records in it that I can access?
> It lists two servers, one of which is yours
>       z39.50s://gondolin.hist.liv.ac.uk:210/IR-Explain---1

> Sebastian and I can both take this as a well-timed prod encouraging us
> to get on with making servers.  Seb, if you do one in Zebra, I'll make
> a SimpleServer-based one.

Mine is in a somewhat experimental stage of not defining 1=1 or 1=7, but
having attrvalue attrtype and attrset. Our proximity implementation isn't
quite up to scratch for the megamegasearch needed to find 'bib2 exact
author scan' but it's getting there.

We have a non standard version which does 'component' searches (ie it
treats individual indexes as records rather than the whole record so you
only need to AND the terms together rather than proxing them to all within
a single index element) but we realise this isn't a standard way of doing
things and are investigating what we'd need to change to get full
proximity support working.

I also haven't done B support yet, but that'll take me five minutes.

(OTOH, we'd also very much like to see a proposal to standardise
a component architecture for the ZIG! See my 'return pages with frodo and
aragorn' example on the ZIG list.)