[Ex-plain] New explain database up - anyone want to test it?

Alan Kent ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 12:02:28 CEST 2002

I rebuilt my Explain--/Zeerex/whatever database with support for
the Explain-- attribute set.

Things I know of:
- I am not convinced symbolic names as aliases are a good thing
- If we are going to use XML schemas, we should drop DTDs now and
  remove the <!DOCTYPE...> lines.
- I am still using v1.5 of the DTD
- Is the record syntax OID stored in the 'name' attribute?
- Not exactly sure how to implement thisServer reliabily - its a little
  more funky because its not actually in the record being indexed (is it?)
- I made the database name the default search field (if no attributes
  specified).

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE explain SYSTEM "exp.dtd">
<explain authoritative="true"><serverInfo>
<host>z3950.simdb.com</host>
<port>210</port>
<database numRecs="0">IR-Explain---1</database>
</serverInfo></explain>

Let me know of any problems (or even better, if it works!)
Alan
--
Alan Kent (mailto:ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au, http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~ajk/)
Postal: Multimedia Database Systems, RMIT, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne 3001.