[Ex-plain] New explain database up - anyone want to test it?
ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 12:02:28 CEST 2002
I rebuilt my Explain--/Zeerex/whatever database with support for
the Explain-- attribute set.
Things I know of:
- I am not convinced symbolic names as aliases are a good thing
- If we are going to use XML schemas, we should drop DTDs now and
remove the <!DOCTYPE...> lines.
- I am still using v1.5 of the DTD
- Is the record syntax OID stored in the 'name' attribute?
- Not exactly sure how to implement thisServer reliabily - its a little
more funky because its not actually in the record being indexed (is it?)
- I made the database name the default search field (if no attributes
<!DOCTYPE explain SYSTEM "exp.dtd">
Let me know of any problems (or even better, if it works!)
Alan Kent (mailto:ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au, http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~ajk/)
Postal: Multimedia Database Systems, RMIT, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne 3001.
Where: RMIT MDS, Bld 91, Level 3, 110 Victoria St, Carlton 3053, VIC Australia.
Phone: +61 3 9925 4114 Reception: +61 3 9925 4099 Fax: +61 3 9925 4098
More information about the Ex-plain