[Ex-plain] Attribute Searches

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 14:49:29 CEST 2002

> Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:54:09 +0100 (BST)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > I could comment on the details of this, but my broader question
> > is: is anyone actually going tp implement more than 10% of this?
> > And if not, let's just define the 10% so as to (A) save ourselves
> > a lot of work and (B) make the Explain-- documentation less
> > intimidating.
>
> I'll implement 100% of it. Which is why I proposed it all :)
>
> Have an Explain-- profile.  If you want to be level 1 compliant you need
> host, port, databasename.  Add authoritative, localServer, recordsyntax
> and elementset name for level 2, and level 3 add anything that needs
> proximity.

OK, I am open to this approach, I suppose, although it does seem like
a lot of extra complexity.  But before we plough on into details,
please can we hear from someone else?  Of the last 28 messages on this
list, 27 have been from either Rob or me, with the sole exception
being literally a one-line comment from Matthew.

(Rob, I assume that you also are keen to avoid the two of us spinning
off into the void as a two-man axis, leaving the rest of the world to
catch up a few days later and go, "Huh?  What are these stupid
decision they've made?")

)_v__/\  "Specifications are for the weak and timid!" -- Klingon
	 Programming Mantra