[Ex-plain] Attribute Searches

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 12 13:56:41 CEST 2002

> > If you only need to map a particular part of an XML record to a
> > search term and check if they're identical, this is significantly
> > easier than taking a term, parsing it into different sections (and
> > having error checking if it doesn't parse properly), then applying
> > the sections to different bits of the XML record or structure.
>
> So are you saying that, yes, I understood you correctly the first
> time?

As a qualifier to this, I think that authorititive should still be an
attribute with values true|false that defaults to false.  This way on
harvesting you can simply delete the attribute if present rather than
searching through a keyword list and potentially screwing up something
else in the process.

Not that anyone would write such bad code of course.

As the value in the data is true|false this means that the search term
should be true|false as well.