[Ex-plain] Attribute Searches

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 20:51:27 CEST 2002

> > Network Attr Set:
> >
> > 1        Host                    serverInfo host
> > 2        Port                    serverInfo port
> > 3        Protocol                serverInfo/protocol
> > 4        ProtocolVersion         serverInfo/protocolVersion
> > 5        Authentication          [see below]
>
> Shouldn't ProtocolVersion be a qualifier on Protocol??

I thought that originally, but then it seems strange to say that version
is a semantic (or functional) qualifier which makes the access point more
specific.   The term of Protocol and the term of ProtocolVersion aren't
really related in terms of categorisation... one's a name the other is a
number (or similar).