[Ex-plain] Re: B vs F

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 18:29:23 CEST 2002

> Ta.  I've put it up at
> 	http://explain.z3950.org/misc/presentation/
> Only one point to make about it: on page
> 	http://explain.z3950.org/misc/presentation/fandn2.html
> you have "a more extensive F&N Record".  I don't think this is a
> useful concept, and it muddies the nice, simple distinction between B
> and F.

Okay, so we need to define exactly what should be in B.

The assumption I've been working under was serverInfo + title +
description.

I take it that you've assumed it was just host, port, database, title and
description, with no attributes on them?

As serverInfo has the connection stuff (connectionInfo?) I think that all
of it is important for F&N or it shouldn't be there.
What use an F&N server that doesn't send the known authentication values
so that the client can connect to it?