[Ex-plain] Re: Presentation (Was: How to indicate piggy-backing (Was: [Ex-plain] ZIG presentation))

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 18:22:11 CEST 2002

> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:01:51 +0100 (BST)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > > http://gondolin.hist.liv.ac.uk/~cheshire/presentations/explain--/
> >
> > I've read it and it's nice.  Any objection if I copy it across to the
> > Explain-- site?  Or shall I just link to your copy?
>
> Thanks and no objections either way.

Ta.  I've put it up at
	http://explain.z3950.org/misc/presentation/

Only one point to make about it: on page
	http://explain.z3950.org/misc/presentation/fandn2.html
you have "a more extensive F&N Record".  I don't think this is a
useful concept, and it muddies the nice, simple distinction between B
and F.

(If we think it _is_ a useful concept, then we should legitimise it as
element set "explain--++" or somesuch.)

)_v__/\  Growing up is the inevitable process of becoming firstly the
	 people our parents warned us about, and then the people that
	 the people our parents warned us about, warned us about.