[Ex-plain] Existing Explain-- Servers

Alan Kent ajk at mds.rmit.edu.au
Mon Apr 8 07:29:43 CEST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 05:13:28PM +0100, Robert Sanderson wrote:
> How about:
>
> <!ELEMENT authentication - - (authValue? | (user?, group?, password?)+)>
> <!ATTLIST authentication
>                          required (true|false) #IMPLIED>
>
> <authentication required="true">
>    <authValue>PCDATA HERE</authValue>
> </authentication>

What is authValue in practice? 'other' in idAuthentication?
Just wondering if it could be named something that relates
to the Z39.50 spec (as user, group, password do). Also I am
not sure about the DTD optionality etc.

How about

<!ELEMENT authentication - - (authValue | (user?, group?, password?))>

I think a DTD is "officially" ambiguous if there are two possible
productions. So the '+' symbol when all members are optional I think
is not actually legal.